Answered on: November 1, 2023


Looking to hire at Munich Airport with a UK driving licence. According to Sixt website I need to provide a translation or I can present an International licence along with my UK one and this omits the requirement to provide a translation. Can you confirm as don't want to book then encounter problems when I get there


Your UK licence & passport will suffice. However, also useful for the future is to obtain a digital IDL. You can obtain a downloadable digital copy of an International Driving Licence here:- [link]